UBER for Food Trucks . . . RENT ME!
Really, “Uber for Food Trucks”?
Yes, that’s the best way to describe the premise behind New Flavors. More precisely, it’s Uber for Food Trucks with a focus on New Americans and opening economic opportunity and an even more welcoming community.
But enough of the overall goal. You get that.
So what does it take to be a New Flavors renter? Give us an email at email@example.com.
- You can rent by the day or by the weekend – $50/day, plus 10% of sales. Extra charges may include cleaning, if not performed, or specific extra supplies like frying oil.
- If you’re working an event where vendor fees are charged, the renter is responsible for those fees
- All truck equipment and cashier equipment (we use Square) is supplied.
- We will ask you to fill out a Rental Application for Food Truck 2017.
- We will ask to schedule a tasting and business consultation – what food, how served, how much to charge, how much staff, sales expectations. . .
- We will ask you to complete a Rental Agreement – New Flavors and then a basic orientation on the equipment for your and others’ safety.
- We will have a New Flavors staff member deliver and set up the truck on site. (All fees of participating events will be responsibility of the renter.)
- You pay for and prepare your own food. If you want to prepare food in advance, let us know . . . there are specific things you need – like an inspected kitchen – and food storage that is critical.
- We will supply water and soda.
- We will offer you access to an entrepreneur coach. We want you to succeed. We want you to make money. We want you to have fun.
- We want to introduce you, your food, your culture to the rest of the community. That’s really the gist of it. You are important and sometimes making new friends can be hard (it’s not altogether unlike kindergarten).
(We will get this translated in very short order!)
Ongoing – Food Truck Fridays – UND Campus
Ongoing – UND Lunch – Various Campus Locales
June 9-10 Art on the Red
June 16 – Farmer’s Market Begins
June 16 – World Refugee Day
June 23 – Farmer’s Market
June 30 – Farmer’s Market
June 23 – Blues on the Red
July 4 – Sertoma 4th of July
July 7 – Farmer’s Market
July 14 – Farmer’s Market
July 21 – Farmer’s Market
July 28 – Farmer’s Market
August 4 – Farmer’s Market
August 11 – Farmer’s Market
August 18 – Farmer’s Market
August 25 – Farmer’s Market
August 25 – Blues on the Red
September 1 – Farmer’s Market
September 7-8 – Downtown Street Fair
September 8 – Farmer’s Market
September 13-16 – Greenway Takeover
September 15 – Farmer’s Market
September 22 – Farmer’s Market
September 8-9 – Downtown GF Street Fair
August – Blues on the Red – Downtown Grand Forks – Town Square
July 29 – Blues on the Red – Downtown Grand Forks – Town Square
July 27 – GGFYP Pontunes! (Young Professionals Regional Conf.) – Downtown Boat Dock – Grand Forks
July 22 – Farmer’s Market – Downtown Grand Forks – Town Square
July 4 – Sertoma 4th of July Celebration – Downtown Grand Forks – Town Square
June 24 – Blues on the Red – Downtown Grand Forks – Town Square
June 17 – World Refugee Day – Downtown Grand Forks
June 10-11 – Art on the Red – Downtown Grand Forks
May 26 – Pre-Ramadan Special – Al Amin Grocery
May 4 – Alley Alive